Saturday, June 28, 2008

Just lots and LOTS of fun stuff!!

When your kiddo starts to crawl into his carseat and then tells you it's too hot and blows on it to cool it down.....you know it's time to get out the kiddie pool and splash around!!


Poppy recently took a trip to Michigan and brought back some souvenirs. One of which was this boat that Ian loved sliding into the pool with.

We had a picnic outside and then splashed around. Ian has been saying everyday since then, "Poppy come 'morrow? I eat lunch outside? I go swimmin'?"



I just had to put this one in here to show off my dad's haircut!!!!!! yea!!!! Love you dad!!!


Hudson didn't get in on the sliding action (this summer) but we enjoyed hanging out and watching big brother. NOTE: the box fan in the background that I plugged in OUTSIDE for Hudson and I. I'm not big on the heat - that could be why I'm so tan.


I just wanted to throw this picture of Hudson at bath time in here. This is his impersonation of George Washington as a baby.

Grandma Hotsy came to visit last week for a few days. We had lots of fun and she helped us conquer a ridiculous amount of laundry! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


Grandma and Ian. A few days after she left we were in the car heading home from church and Ian said, "almost home. i see grandma and smokey!" Too cute!


At the end of May, Ian's toddler class had a spring program. They sang Jesus Loves Me and He's Got the Whole World in His Hands. Ian didn't do much singing - a little hard to do with your hands over your mouth. However, as soon as we got to our seat he stood in the aisle and sang all of the songs that the other classes sang. Hey, I'm impressed he even got up there in front of everyone.



The day before I had to go back to work (towards the end of May), we took a trip to the zoo with our friends Lori and Cole. Poppy came and had some fun with us too. Here's sweet Cole and Ian hugging on a bronzed baby elephant (that I realize looks a lot like an anteater;)


Uncle Nathan or "ethan" as Ian calls him, came to visit Memorial weekend. Ian had to take him for a drive around the block in his "car" at Grammy and Papa's house.


Story behind this stickiness: Ian will not eat sandwiches. We have tried all kinds and he's not interested. I'm not giving up though ~ it would make it much easier on packing his lunch for school. So....in another attempt to get him to fall in love with peanut butter and jelly, I showed him how good the jelly part was by pulling back the sandwich and having him lick the jelly. Hoping this would get him to eat the sandwich. ummm...in a matter of seconds, this is what he looked like. He now LOVES jelly, but the peanut butter side of the sandwich got no love!


He's pretty impressed with himself! I guess if they start making jelly that's packed with nutrition then we've got a favorite sandwich on our hands (and everywhere else)!

5 comments:

Leilanni said...

Love it!! E's not a sandwich eater either - more evidence they're made for each other :-)

The Potts Family said...

how stinkin cute are those two boys? geez, louise! How is Braelyn supposed to pick between them? does she want to go for the older jelly faced Ian or rob the cradle with cutie pie-george washington impersonator- hudson ?

Anonymous said...

HOW SWEET ARE THOSE TWO LITTLE GUYS! Love the post, thanks for sharing your adventures so far this summer! Looking forward to more updates!

We will have to get together very soon! We're getting an above ground pool, Rob, Andy and I are getting it up today! HOORAY!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Rachel!!! I was so thrilled to see your comment on our blog! What a wonderful surprise! It has been way too long!!
YOUR BOYS ARE BEAUTIFUL!! Isn't being a mom of boys just the best? I am so excited that we have that in common!
It looks like you and Steve are doing great! I can't wait to email you! First, I am going to sit here and read your blog and totally catch up on you!
You'll be hearing from me tomorrow!
Love ya!

Heather said...

Ian and I are on the same page about sandwiches.

Hey, if you are going to be at church on the 24th, I'm planning on spending the day in B-town. So I'll see you and we'll giggle and stuff.