Tuesday, June 19, 2007

1st "official" haircut




Okay....so I've pretty much been in denial for a while about Ian needing to get his haircut (by a professional....other than myself that is). He has TONS of hair! I guess he got it from Steve because my nickname for the first few years of my life was "woodstock" (you know the bird with a few sprouts of hair).
I was afraid that if he got his haircut he wouldn't look like my little baby anymore - that he would look like a "big boy". Plus, I love his little curls in the back. And, yes, I realize how ridiculous I sound but I'm holding on to every little thing I can. BUT....his hair was starting (actually WAY past starting) to become out of control. My occasional snips with the rounded baby nail scissors, which is actually a whole lot more like sawing than snipping, just wasn't cutting it, literally. Especially since his cute little curls were teetering on a baby mullet. So.....it was time. Steve and I decided to take him to one of those places just for kids thinking it would go smoother (HA!). That morning his hair was in rare form - Exhibit A....
We came in, video camera in hand to landmark this special occasion. Ian sat in the cutest little car, had Elmo and Mr. Noodle on T.V. in front of him and was doing great.....for about 30 seconds. As soon as the stylist started spraying his head with water he began crying, then sobbing - you know the kind of sobbing where you're making that hiccuping noise - yeah, it was that one. The lady was awesome though. I have no idea how they can cut babies (or "big boys":) hair so well with them screaming and squirming. It did take her a good 20 minutes though to cut his hair - mainly because he had SO MUCH!! But in the end, he looked very handsome!!! Exhibit B...

1 comment:

Leilanni said...

Too cute! I LOVE little man's haircut!!!!