Wednesday, June 20, 2007

When one door closes another door opens....and closes and opens and closes...ahhhh!



Ian has learned how to open ALL of the doors in our house, no door is left unnoticed by him - if it's got a handle it's getting turned....several times. He discovered his new obsession on Monday evening. Ian and I were hanging out in the living room while daddy was taking a bath after getting home from work. Ian headed down the hall and usually I would go after him but Steve had closed the door so I figured Ian would just turn back around and head back...WRONG. A few seconds later I heard the rush of bath water and said, "nuh, uh!!". Steve was laughing and Ian was pretty impressed with himself. I thought it was a one time thing, so I picked Ian up and we went back into the living room....nope. At first he could only open the door on the side where he could push it open after pulling down the handle but the next day he quickly mastered the other side, actually pulling the door open. He thinks it's the best trick ever. He open and closed and laughed hysterically ALL DAY!! So...if anyone knows where we can get something to put over "handlebar" door handles please let me know!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I got to witness his new discovery....too cute!

beccadawnruss said...

I think Babies'R'US sells the right kind of cover for those kind of doorknobs. He's a smart boy!

Leilanni said...

Awesome! hee hee Ellie has a fascination with closing doors and gets so frustrated when she can't open them again. And of course I won't teach her - I'm trying to delay that as long as possible. So Ian's not allowed to teach her his new trick!!! :-)

Shelly said...

Rachel--
Thanks for stopping by on my blog! I loved looking at yours and your precious Ian! He is too cute! And what a blessing to have such a wonderful daddy! You have a precious family!